I was nominated for this award by Sadje of lifeafter50forwomen at the end of October.
Then I was busy with NaNoWriMo, but I promised I go back to it.
There has been a bit of debate about the relative merits of awards in my little corner of the blogosphere, but to me it’s a ‘take it or leave it thing’ and I’m taking this one. Thanks for the opportunity, Sadje!
So, on with the award.
What is Liebster Award?
This award was created to discover and encourage new bloggers in their creative journey. A welcome gesture for the people new to the blogging world.
As always, the award comes with rules, which I’ll be bending a little, because it’s the thought that counts.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Misplaced apostrophe’s (sic)
- Where did you get the name for your blog?
Luna, my cat (named after Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter books since you ask).
- If you could change your blog’s name, what would it be?
Maybe to a title using my own name (for the search engines, yawn).
- What was your favourite TV show as a kid?
The Double Deckers. I guarantee no-one reading this will have heard of it.
- Do you have any weird habits?
I wouldn’t say so, but I’m sure others might. I do have a weird sense of humour.
- Do you like fall scents /tastes?
Fallen leaves, both crisp and damp, the slight smell of decomposition, bonfires and damp air.
- What is your favourite holiday and why?
The school holidays in our winter (Cliff’s a teacher). The weather is damp and cold (cold by South African standards, anyway). It gives us an excuse to travel somewhere warmer. We went to Botswana last year which was amazing.
- Do you prefer writing it down or typing it up?
Typing. Hand written notes are fine, but typing for everything else. It’s just so much easier; I can type as quickly as I think (maybe I don’t think that quickly).
- Netflix or cable?
We have satellite. I record stuff. Sometimes I get around to watching.
- If money didn’t matter, what would you do with your life?
Write more, travel more and set up a publishing house which would print, market and distribute all my favourite Indie Authors’ books.
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
11 random thoughts about myself
- I studied, lived and worked in Liverpool (UK) for almost 30 years.
- I emigrated to South Africa with my husband (Cliff) and cat (Luna) in 2010.
- I once worked as a packer in a gripe water manufacturer’s.
- I have an A level in Latin.
- I knitted 30 squares (badly) for blankets for Bosnian refugees while on jury service.
- I keep chickens.
- I like eggs.
- Luna knows not to try to eat family (the chickens).
- I would never eat family (the chickens).
- I have a growing repertoire of egg recipes.
- If you come to my house, you are likely to leave with some eggs.
These are my nominations: a handful of new bloggers; a smattering of artists, a chef whose site I just came across (with super-tasty recipes) and a blatant plug for one of my clients.
Kathy Wivell is a good friend of mine who lives just up the road from me. Kathy is an artist and a writer. We have done a few little projects together over the years, including an on-line magazine for our local art society and hosting a writing group.
Take a look at her art site – kathywivell.wordpress.com
Suzanne Starr is an artist from whom I’ve taken inspiration for a few written pieces, so you may have already seen some of her work.
There’s more on her artist’s site – suzannestarrart.com
J.I. Rogers (she of the 6 Word Story fame) is also an artist, but not so well known as such, I think. Take a look: mythspinnerstudios.com
Sebby Holmes – chef and writer – I made his easy and delicious kale recipe the other night (there’s a lot of kale in my organic veg bag): articuleat.com
Viv Garside writes motivational pieces and is just starting out in the blogosphere, to support her collection of self-help books.
Help yourself to a better life – vivgarsidebooks.wordpress.com
Further participation in any element of the award by any of the above is, of course, entirely optional.